Teeth Whitening in Philadelphia, PA
Now that you have incredible straight teeth, you may be considering teeth whitening to take your smile over the top. Board-certified orthodontist Dr. Sam Kadan offers teeth whitening to his patients in the Bucks County and Philadelphia area.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Having whiter, brighter teeth is one of the top priorities for people who want their smiles to shine. Professional teeth whitening is the best way to remove discoloration and stains. Few people can achieve the results they want from consumer-grade teeth whiteners, and using these products improperly can actually damage your teeth and gums.
Dr. Kadan recommends teeth whitening for people who have stains and discoloration caused by:
- Age-related thinning of the enamel, the outer shell of your teeth
- Smoking that results in a build-up of tar and nicotine on the teeth
- Food and beverages that contain natural or artificial dark pigments
- Medications that are known to discolor the teeth
- Trauma that causes the body to repair the tooth with additional dentin, the darker layer below the outer enamel
Benefits of Teeth Whitening by an Orthodontist
Having Dr. Kadan and his staff whiten your teeth has many benefits, such as:
- Easy process
- One treatment gives consistent, long-term results
- Achieving the greatest improvement possible
- Whiter, brighter smile after just one treatment
Preparing for Teeth Whitening
If you are considering teeth whitening, contact us to schedule a consultation with board-certified orthodontist Dr. Sam Kadan. He will examine your teeth and advise you as to your options for teeth whitening. You may not be a good candidate for teeth whitening if you have:
- Natural tooth color or discoloration that is brown or gray
- Certain dental appliances, such as caps, veneers, fillings or crowns
- History of trauma that has discolored your teeth
- Prescribed medications that are known to discolor the teeth
Recovery from Teeth Whitening
Your teeth may be sensitive after your whitening session, and Dr. Kadan can recommend a special toothpaste to help reduce the sensitivity. For most patients, the sensitivity subsides over time. In order to prolong the effects of teeth whitening, you should avoid smoking, as well as food and beverages that may stain your teeth.
How Much Does Teeth Whitening Cost in Bucks County and Philadelphia?
Teeth whitening is a fairly affordable option. Unfortunately, most dental insurances consider the procedure cosmetic, so you will likely be responsible for the entire cost of the treatment. We have provided insurance information below for patients who have insurance that includes teeth whitening.
Payment can be made by:
- Cash, personal check and credit card
- Financing through CareCredit®
- In-house financing options
We are an in-network provider for many of today’s top dental insurance companies. Using an orthodontist that is in your dental care network benefits you by:
- Providing lower out-of-pocket expenses
- Saving you time and money by completing and filing all necessary claim forms at no extra charge to you
- Accepting the payment we negotiate with the insurance company as payment in full
- Never sending you a bill for the charges that are above the negotiated rate, known as balance billing
- Expecting you to only pay your applicable co-payment, deductible and co-insurance according to the terms of your policy
- Letting you pay only for your portion rather than expecting you to pay the full cost and get reimbursed by the insurance company
What to Expect During Your Consultation
The consultation that you have with Dr. Kadan includes a complete examination, X-rays and imaging with the iTero® Element™ system that creates a three-dimensional model of your teeth and jaw. Based on his findings, Dr. Kadan decides on the orthodontic treatments that will improve jaw and teeth alignment. Your treatment plan may include orthognathic surgery, braces, and other orthodontic appliances.
Why Choose Sam Kadan Orthodontics
Dr. Kadan is a board-certified orthodontist, and only one in three orthodontists pursue board certification by demonstrating a commitment to excellence in orthodontic care, as well as continuing education. Dr. Kadan’s exceptional patient care has earned him a position on Philadelphia Magazine’s list of Top Dentists for 2016, winner of the 2016 Happening List and 2015 designation as an Invisalign® Elite Provider. He completed his orthodontic specialty training at the University of Rochester, and he currently holds a faculty position at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine to help develop the skills and expertise of future orthodontists.
Dr. Kadan has designed his facility to reflect his approach to patient care, and we look forward to giving you a tour as part of your consultation and introduction to our practice.
Treat yourself to a whiter, brighter smile with professional teeth whitening at Sam Kadan Orthodontics in Chalfont, Doylestown, and Harleysville. If you live in the Bucks County and Philadelphia area, contact us to schedule a consultation with board-certified orthodontist Dr. Sam Kadan.