Lingual Braces in Philadelphia, PA
Lingual braces are an option for patients who are concerned with how metal braces look on their front teeth. Lingual braces are applied to the backside of the teeth, so people will not notice that you have braces. Board-certified orthodontist Dr. Sam Kadan has chosen Incognito™ lingual braces for many of his patients in the Bucks County and Philadelphia area.
What are Lingual Braces?
Incognito™ (lingual) braces are placed on the backside of the front teeth. Because these types of braces are less noticeable, they are a popular choice amongst our patients who are concerned with wearing metal braces. Lingual braces are recommended for teenagers and adults with overcrowded teeth and bite problems, and the outcomes are comparable to conventional metal braces.
Incognito™ Lingual Braces are Fully Customizable
Incognito™ braces are custom fit to your teeth. Dr. Kadan develops a design for your lingual braces during your consultation appointment. The design is sent to a lab that will make your personalized Incognito™ braces.
How Do Lingual Braces Differ from Conventional Braces?
The two primary differences between Incognito™ lingual braces and conventional braces are:
- Lingual braces are custom-fit to your teeth whereas conventional braces are comprised of standardized brackets, bands, and wires.
- Incognito™ braces fit to the back of the teeth where they are difficult to see, whereas conventional braces are mounted to the front of the teeth and very noticeable.
Can Anyone Wear Incognito™ Orthodontic Braces?
Teenagers over 13 years old and adults are prime candidates for Incognito™ braces. In most cases, being a candidate for conventional braces means that you are also a candidate for lingual braces. After a thorough examination, Dr. Kadan is better able to provide professional guidance about your candidacy for lingual braces.
What Conditions are Typically Treated Using Lingual Braces?
As a board-certified orthodontist, Dr. Sam Kadan recommends Incognito™ lingual braces for correcting:
- Crooked teeth
- Overbites, crossbites, and underbites
- Crowded and overlapping teeth
Why Should I Choose Incognito™ Orthodontic Braces?
Incognito™ braces offer many advantages, such as being:
- Permanent, so you do not have to worry about changing or losing aligners
- Mounted on the back of the teeth where people cannot see them
- Fitted to your teeth for increased comfort
- Personalized to your individual orthodontic needs
Would I Be a Good Candidate for Lingual Braces?
If you are concerned with the way that metal braces look on the teeth, Incognito™ lingual braces may be right for you. Dr. Kadan has worked with teenagers and adults alike who want people to see their smile, not their braces.
Who Typically Wears Incognito™ Orthodontic Braces?
Incognito™ orthodontic braces fit well into most treatment plans, especially for:
- Teenagers and adults who do not want to risk damaging their front teeth with metal brackets and wires
- Patients who want their braces to be hidden
- Young people and adults who participate in contact sports
- Musicians who play wind instruments
- Adult professionals
How Much Do Lingual (Incognito™) Braces Cost in Bucks County and Philadelphia?
Incognito™ lingual braces are custom-fit to each patient’s teeth, so the cost varies. After your consultation, we will be able to provide you with a cost that includes all aspects of your treatment plan, including your Incognito™ braces.
Payment can be made by:
- Cash, personal check and credit card
- Financing through CareCredit®
- In-house financing options
We are an in-network provider for many of today’s top dental insurance companies. Using an orthodontist that is in your dental care network benefits you by:
- Providing lower out-of-pocket expenses
- Saving you time and money by completing and filing all necessary claim forms at no extra charge to you
- Accepting the payment we negotiate with the insurance company as payment in full
- Never sending you a bill for the charges that are above the negotiated rate, known as balance billing
- Expecting you to only pay your applicable co-payment, deductible and co-insurance according to the terms of your policy
- Letting you pay only for your portion rather than expecting you to pay the full cost and get reimbursed by the insurance company
What to Expect During Your Consultation
Dr. Kadan uses the consultation as the time to take X-rays and perform an evaluation of your teeth, jaw alignment, oral health and bite alignment. He will make a three-dimensional model of your teeth and bite pattern using the iTero® Element™ system. Based on the findings of the evaluation, he will recommend a treatment plan that may include Incognito™ lingual braces and other options.
Why Choose Sam Kadan Orthodontics
Dr. Kadan is a board-certified orthodontist, and only one in three orthodontists pursue board certification by demonstrating a commitment to excellence in orthodontic care, as well as continuing education. Dr. Kadan’s exceptional patient care has earned him a position on Philadelphia Magazine’s list of Top Dentists for 2016, winner of the 2016 Happening List and 2015 designation as an Invisalign® Elite Provider. He completed his orthodontic specialty training at the University of Rochester, and he currently holds a faculty position at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine to help develop the skills and expertise of future orthodontists.
Dr. Kadan has designed his facility to reflect his approach to patient care, and we look forward to giving you a tour as part of your consultation and introduction to our practice.
Because lingual braces fit on the back of your teeth, Incognito™ is a great option for patients in the Bucks County and Philadelphia area that want a permanent and less visible type of braces. To learn more about Incognito™ lingual braces, contact us to schedule a personal consultation with board-certified orthodontist Dr. Sam Kadan. Consultations can be scheduled at our Chalfont, Doylestown or Harleysville office.