Braces in Philadelphia, PA
Board-certified orthodontist Dr. Sam Kadan recommends braces for straightening your teeth, aligning your bite and improving your oral health. With offices in Chalfont, Doylestown, and Harleysville, Sam Kadan Orthodontics offers braces for children, teenagers and adults in Bucks County and Philadelphia.
What are Braces?
Braces are orthodontic appliances that are used to correct a variety of problems with teeth alignment, bite and jaw alignment. After treatment with braces, you are better able to take care of your teeth and gums while showing off a beautiful smile.
Learn more about specific types of braces
Additional information about braces:
Why Should I Wear Braces?
Braces are most often associated with creating a great smile, but braces provide many advantages to our patients, such as:
- Improved Hygiene When you have teeth that are crowded, crooked and overlapping, keeping your teeth and gums healthy can be very difficult, if not impossible. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you may experience tooth decay and gum disease that will eventually lead to tooth loss. Although you may be able to clean your teeth properly when they are crooked, it is much easier when your teeth are properly aligned.
- Tooth Wear If you have a poor bite, you are more likely to clench and grind your teeth. The pressure and friction caused by these practices will wear down your teeth and further degrade your bite.
- Appearance If you feel comfortable smiling, laughing and talking, you will feel more confident about your appearance. After straightening your teeth, you are able to take care of your teeth and gums. You will feel proud of your smile and savor every opportunity to show it to others.
- Jaw Joint Problems Having a bad bite places stress on your jaw joint. Over time, the jaw bone is damaged, and you experience pain in and around the joint. If you do not correct jaw alignment through orthodontic treatment, you may need more extensive treatments later in life, such as oral surgery.
- Gum Damage An improper bite and misaligned teeth can lead to gum damage. Your teeth may rub against or dig into your gums and bacteria may have small places to hide that you cannot clean properly.
What are the Benefits of Wearing Braces?
Braces will give you a better and healthier smile by improving the way your teeth look, enhancing your oral hygiene and helping with any bite problems. You will feel more confident about the way you look and your ability to take care of your teeth and gums. One of the most surprising benefits for our patients is when they return to their regular dentist and hear excellent feedback on how well they are taking care of their oral health. For many, this is the first time in their lives that they had good news at the dentist.
Are Braces Right For Me?
Braces are most commonly used for correcting problems amongst children and teenagers, but today’s orthodontists are seeing more adults who want to improve their smiles. Regardless of your age, braces will help with:
- Misalignment, crooked teeth and overcrowding
- Open or closed bite
- Large gaps and spaces between the teeth
- Underbite or overbite
Dr. Kadan will explain what he finds during his examination. He will describe the problems that you may experience without treatment, as well as your options for braces.
Why is Straightening Your Teeth Important?
Gum disease, digestive problems, tooth loss, tooth decay and other health problems have been shown to be caused by improper bite and alignment. By having orthodontic treatment with braces, you are reducing your risk of developing these conditions.
How Do I Take Care of My Braces?
Good oral hygiene is important, especially when you wear braces. The brackets and wires give food particles many more places to hide so you will need to focus on proper flossing and brushing techniques. We will show you how to take care of your teeth while you wear your braces. Another aspect of taking care of your braces is to make every follow-up appointment as recommended by Dr. Kadan. He will also advise you about changes to your lifestyle and eating habits that need to be followed during your treatment.
How Much Do Braces Cost in Bucks County and Philadelphia?
The cost of orthodontic treatment with braces is often a top concern for families and adults who want a better smile and healthier teeth and gums. After your consultation, we will be able to provide you with a cost before you decide to proceed with treatment.
Payment can be made by:
- Cash, personal check and credit card
- Financing through CareCredit®
- In-house financing options
We are an in-network provider for many of today’s top dental insurance companies. Using an orthodontist that is in your dental care network benefits you by:
- Providing lower out-of-pocket expenses
- Saving you time and money by completing and filing all necessary claim forms at no extra charge to you
- Accepting the payment we negotiate with the insurance company as payment in full
- Never sending you a bill for the charges that are above the negotiated rate, known as balance billing
- Expecting you to only pay your applicable co-payment, deductible and co-insurance according to the terms of your policy
- Letting you pay only for your portion rather than expecting you to pay the full cost and get reimbursed by the insurance company
What to Expect During Your Consultation
Dr. Kadan uses the consultation as the time to take X-rays and perform an evaluation of your teeth, jaw alignment, oral health and bite alignment. Based on the findings of the evaluation, he will recommend a treatment plan.
Why Choose Sam Kadan Orthodontics
Dr. Kadan is a board-certified orthodontist, and only one in three orthodontists pursue board certification by demonstrating a commitment to excellence in orthodontic care, as well as continuing education. Dr. Kadan’s exceptional patient care has earned him a position on Philadelphia Magazine’s list of Top Dentists for 2016, winner of the 2016 Happening List and 2015 designation as an Invisalign® Elite Provider. He completed his orthodontic specialty training at the University of Rochester, and he currently holds a faculty position at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine to help develop the skills and expertise of future orthodontists.
Dr. Kadan has designed his facility to reflect his approach to patient care, and we look forward to giving you a tour as part of your consultation and introduction to our practice.
If you are considering braces and want to work with the best orthodontist in the Bucks County and Philadelphia area, contact us to schedule a consultation with board-certified orthodontist Dr. Sam Kadan. For your convenience, you can have your consultation and treatment appointments at our Chalfont, Doylestown or Harleysville office.