Adult Braces in Philadelphia, PA
If you have decided to live with hiding your smile because you believe braces are only for children and teenagers, we invite you to learn about adult braces by board-certified orthodontist Dr. Sam Kadan. We offer orthodontic treatment with adult braces for men and women in the Bucks County and Philadelphia area.
Why Do Adults Need Braces?
The American Association of Orthodontists reports that approximately 20 percent of adults over 21 get braces to improve their oral health and feel more confident with their smiles. Having braces when you are a child or teenager is not an option for every family, and perhaps when you were younger, the benefits of orthodontic treatment was not well-known by your dental providers. Whatever the reason that you did not have braces when you were younger, now you can correct crooked, overlapping and misaligned teeth, as well as correct your bite. Your dentist may recommend adult braces for several reasons, such as to help with chronic headaches caused by jaw and teeth alignment, tooth decay, gum disease, ear pain and problems with your chewing, speaking and biting.
Adult braces will help with:
- Crowding and wide spaces that are linked to tooth decay and advanced gum disease
- Simplifying oral hygiene
- Improving overall oral health
- Correcting malocclusion and misaligned bite
- Relieving pain in the jaw joint that is caused by crooked and misaligned teeth
- Giving you an incredible smile
What Kind of Braces are Available for Adults?
Metal braces were once the only option, but developments in orthodontic appliances give adults like you several options for straightening your teeth and correcting your bite. As a board-certified orthodontist, Dr. Kadan understands the unique needs of his patients from an aesthetic and treatment perspective. Our adult braces include:
Why Should I Correct Crooked Teeth as an Adult?
Choosing to not have orthodontic work keeps you feeling inhibited when you want to smile, but the problems with your teeth and bite can lead to chronic conditions, such as TMJ disorders, gum disease, and tooth loss. Misaligned teeth have also been linked to:
- Advanced tooth decay
- Teeth grinding and clenching
- Worn teeth
- Problems with speech
- Digestive problems caused by improper chewing
- Progressive periodontal disease
- Jaw pain
- Low self-esteem
Why You Should Consider Adult Braces
At Sam Kadan Orthodontics, we know that it is never too late to have a beautiful, healthy smile. If you are unsure about having orthodontic work with adult braces, you should know the many benefits of treatment.
- People most often notice your facial expression first, so if you avoid smiling, they may not see you as a friendly and approachable person.
- You feel more confident about yourself, and you are more likely to attract the type of people that you want to have in your life.
- Dental issues progress quickly. Delaying orthodontic treatment may result in tooth loss and other problems that could have been prevented.
- You will have an easier time keeping your teeth and gums healthy with proper brushing and flossing techniques. Crooked and overlapping teeth are much more difficult to keep clean.
Is Orthodontic Treatment Different for Adults?
The benefits of adult orthodontic treatment are the same as treatments for teenagers and children. Later in life, though, you are naturally at higher risk for developing oral health issues that can be prevented with orthodontic treatment. Your treatment may take longer when compared to younger patients because your teeth are more developed and set in the current position. Typically our adult patients wear their braces for one to three years, depending on the level and type of correction. You may also have to wear a retainer after your braces are removed.
How Much Do Adult Braces Cost in Bucks County and Philadelphia?
One of your primary concerns when considering adult braces is cost. After your consultation, we will be able to provide you with a cost before you decide to proceed with treatment.
Payment can be made by:
- Cash, personal check and credit card
- Financing through CareCredit®
- In-house financing options
We are an in-network provider for many of today’s top dental insurance companies. Using an orthodontist that is in your dental care network benefits you by:
- Providing lower out-of-pocket expenses
- Saving you time and money by completing and filing all necessary claim forms at no extra charge to you
- Accepting the payment we negotiate with the insurance company as payment in full
- Never sending you a bill for the charges that are above the negotiated rate, known as balance billing
- Expecting you to only pay your applicable co-payment, deductible and co-insurance according to the terms of your policy
- Letting you pay only for your portion rather than expecting you to pay the full cost and get reimbursed by the insurance company
What to Expect During Your Consultation
Dr. Kadan uses the consultation as the time to take X-rays and perform an evaluation of your teeth, jaw alignment, oral health and bite alignment. Based on the findings of the evaluation, he will recommend a treatment plan.
Why Choose Sam Kadan Orthodontics
Dr. Kadan is a board-certified orthodontist, and only one in three orthodontists pursue board certification by demonstrating a commitment to excellence in orthodontic care, as well as continuing education. Dr. Kadan’s exceptional patient care has earned him a position on Philadelphia Magazine’s list of Top Dentists for 2016, winner of the 2016 Happening List and 2015 designation as an Invisalign® Elite Provider. He completed his orthodontic specialty training at the University of Rochester, and he currently holds a faculty position at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine to help develop the skills and expertise of future orthodontists.
Dr. Kadan has designed his facility to reflect his approach to patient care, and we look forward to giving you a tour as part of your consultation and introduction to our practice.
Are you ready to improve your smile with adult braces? Board-certified orthodontist Dr. Sam Kadan offers adult braces for men and women in the Bucks County and Philadelphia area. Contact us today to schedule your personal consultation at our office in Chalfont, Doylestown or Harleysville.